Yes, it’s true – we just wrapped up a solid month of tours! In July, the Akadot Retail Tour arrived for their journey, followed by the Hanabi Tour a mere eleven days later. Our esteemed thanks to everyone who came to Japan to have fun with us! ^-^ I’ve been trying to think of a way to summarize all the adventures we had, but have been unable to come up with anything that sounds good. So, we are happy to present some handy bullet points about our adventures!
THE HANABI AND AKADOT TOURS
in easy to digest bullet point form. Hooray!
- The short customs line at Narita Airport – Nice way to arrive
- The long, long lines at LAX - opposite of the previous statement
- Record breaking heat wave in Tokyo - not so great
- Eating cold noodles to beat that heat - a really good idea
- We bought way too many - figurines, CDs, yukata, servings of greasy festival food
- We didn’t buy enough – Water
- Watching fireworks – Cool
- Watching fireworks in a rice field with half a million people, drinking beers and laughing - Perfect
- Offering one of those beers to the locals sitting next to you – A good way to make friends
- The Ropeway cable car to the top of Mt. Nokogiri – Fun
- Walking up stairs on said mountain in the heat - Not fun
- Walking down those stairs – Fun, especially when you’re delirious
- Shopping in Harajuku – tight
- Shopping in Harajuku with people that have the same sense of humor you have – hella tight
- That Curry shop in Harajuku that didn’t mind when we took over their entire shop twice – delicious
- Sailing across Tokyo Bay – awesome
- Sailing across Tokyo Bay in a fancy ferry that serves Ice Cream - very, very awesome
- Being told that we are some of Jangara Ramen’s most loyal customers – an honor
- Going to the onsen to shower on a hot day – smart
- Racing people across the bath with the jagged rocks at the onsen – not smart
- Rain during a cliff hike – not so nice
- Having the rain clear so you can appreciate the beautiful views right when you get to the cliffs – wonderfully nice
- Hanging out and playing card games in your hotel room – super!
- Hanging out on the tatami mat and playing games – also super!
- Sleeping while standing up – A sign you need more sleep, or coffee
- Sleeping on the train – a sign that you had a lot of fun